Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Reading Challenge Day 6


Day 6 kind of got away from me. By the time I got home from work and ate something it was so late that I only got in about a half hour of reading before falling asleep basically on top of my book. I did manage to get through about into A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I loved The Kite Runner and I saw that his new book, And The Mountains Echoed, is coming out towards the end of this month on May 21st and I thought that it would be a good selection for my next read. So far I'm intrigued. I'm not sure where the storyline is going to go. All I know so far is that its supposed to give more of a broad historical perspective of Afghanistan than The Kite Runner from reading about it, and that it features a young girl named Mariam who is the illegitimate daughter of a prominent business man. But so far the writing has been clear and intriguing so even though after almost 40 pages I'm not too far into the plot I'm not bored. More updates to come!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment