Friday, May 3, 2013


THE BOOK NERD IS BACK! After a long and highly unnecessary hiatus, I have returned to my literary roots. For you see, even a true book nerd can be distracted into our modern world of techno-stimulation of Netflix, Facebook and Iphone games. To be perfectly honest, since I stopped posting, I almost entirely stopped reading. Maybe I picked up a gossip magazine or news article here or there, but I didn't engage in that mind and soul improving and fulfilling true act of reading. I scanned things. I didn't put in the time to truly take in their meaning, whatever sort of text I read.

So here is my new pledge, I am going to make sure that I read for at least 1 hour per day. At first this seemed like a lot to me. I'm always so tired at the end of the day, that when I attempt to read, I almost always fall asleep within 10 minutes. And let me tell you, 10 minutes a day will not get you through the modern novel (even a short one) in a time frame that will keep you interested. But then I looked at all the time I spent watching TV or scanning through Facebook and I realized if I took a little time out of those activities, an hour was much more feasible than it first appeared. Now to some of you an hour may not seem like that much time at all. But reading is like exercise for your mind. When you are getting started back up again, you want to make it a realistic and sustainable part of your daily life. Not just something you overkill on once and don't do again for another month.

Now who wants to join me in regaining back usage of their full brain capacity? How much time are you willing to pledge a day towards reading? Encourage your friends to join you and share your progress on Diary of A Book Nerd. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment